Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Respect Yourself

Growing up, I used to be so paranoid about my thin body.
Whether people think they want to have a thin and tall body like mine, I always tought that it was too skinny. I hate my brown skin and dreamed to have a flawless white one..
I vowed myself that one day I'd get my body and my skin surgically bigger and whiter..But fast forward 7 years and here I am, minus the body-building-skin-whitening operation, and with a whole lot more perspective..


And now, I think I worry way too much about my perceived negatives.
We always did, didn't we??
Here's my point : We can be so critical of ourselves -- back then, all I could see was skinny body, while other saw "sweet" smile and "nice" personality..I asked around and everyone had something about their physical appearance they were paranoid about..
My bestfriend Roro hates her weight and the other one, Fandan despises her wavy hair..
But all I see are two very funny and witty chicks..
Which bring me to my (very long-winded) point....That I think we have to see our own beauty in ourselves..
That means all shapes, all sizes and all skin colours = all beautiful.
Just accept urself, whatever it may look like. There's a lot more that others see in u instead of just physical appearance..Dont seeing urself as having lackness but rather as having unique one..


Nobody's perfect.
Beauty is not just on the outside..It's about having confidence in who u are on the inside..
Inner beauty or true beauty is all lot more important than perfect body, straight hair and so on..
I think we just have to lovin who we really are and embracing our imperfections..
Love yourself.
Respect yourself.
True beauty is sooo much more than what u see in the mirror!!

No comments: